Practical Food Microbiology, 3rd Edition
By Diane Roberts and Melody Greenwood
Practical Food Microbiology 3rd Edition PDF. The main approaches to the investigation of food microbiology in the laboratory are expertly presented in this, the third edition of the highly practical and well-established manual. The new edition has been thoroughly revised and updated to take account of the latest legislation and technological advances in food microbiology, and offers a step-by-step guide to the practical microbiological examination of food in relation to public health problems. It provides ‘tried and tested’ standardized procedures for official control laboratories and those wishing to provide a competitive and reliable food examination service.
The Editors are well respected, both nationally and internationally, with over 20 years of experience in the field of public health microbiology, and have been involved in the development of food testing methods and microbiological criteria.
The Public Health Laboratory Service (PHLS) has provided microbiological advice and scientific expertise in the examination of food samples for more than half a century.
Practical Food Microbiology 3rd Edition PDF Features:
- Includes a rapid reference guide to key microbiological tests for specific foods
- Relates microbiological assessment to current legislation and sampling plans
- Includes the role of new approaches, such as chromogenic media and phage testing
- Discusses both the theory and methodology of food microbiology
Covers new ISO, CEN and BSI standards for food examination
- Includes safety notes and hints in the methods
Read more: Biology of Foodborne Parasites
|Updates & Support
|Become a Premium
|Browse All Books: