Biology of Foodborne Parasites
By Lihua Xiao, Una Ryan and Yaoyu Feng
Biology of Foodborne Parasites PDF. While a number of introductory books on basic and molecular biology are available, none highlight the foodborne parasitic pathogens. Until now. A state-of-the-art review, Biology of Foodborne Parasites charts significant progress and outlines key biological techniques applied to foodborne parasitic pathogens research. The book covers basic biology, genetics and genomics, epidemiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis, control, and prevention. It showcases recent research that can then be used to spark further breakthroughs.
The book addresses challenging issues in food pathogen detection. It details individual foodborne protists and helminthes, with each chapter following a similar format for a consistent presentation of information. It discusses topics ranging from basic biology, genetics and genomics, molecular detection and typing, and pathogenesis to epidemiology, molecular epidemiology, treatment and prevention, among other current concerns. It also details the methods used to diagnose the infection, characterize the pathogen, and detect parasites in three food commodities: meats, water, and fresh produce.
With chapters written by experts in their respective fields, the book presents a reliable roadmap for future development of improved, innovative biological and molecular methods for analysis of foodborne parasitic pathogens. A handy, comprehensive reference on all aspects of biology of foodborne parasites, it highlights research needs and directions, helping you develop advanced diagnostic tools and new intervention measures.
- Presents an authoritative description of key molecular techniques applicable to foodborne parasitic pathogens
- Discusses the challenges of detecting foodborne pathogens and the limitations of conventional diagnostic methods
- Provides a state-of-art review of the molecular biology of major foodborne parasites
- Includes information on the control and prevention of major foodborne parasitic pathogens
- Supplies a roadmap for future development of improved, innovative molecular methods for analysis of foodborne parasitic pathogens