Elsevier’s Veterinary Assisting Textbook, 3rd Edition With Workbook
By Margi Sirois
Elsevier’s Veterinary Assisting Textbook PDF 3rd Edition covers everything you need to know to pass the Approved Veterinary Assistant (AVA) exam and succeed in clinical practice. With this comprehensive textbook students will learn to assist in laboratory and radiographic procedures, properly restrain animals, set up equipment and supplies, clean and maintain practice facilities, feed and exercise patients, collect samples, handle and dispense medications, groom patients, and record keeping. Updated content reflects the latest advances in veterinary assisting procedures, and new images illustrate key tasks.
- Comprehensive coverage provides details on the tasks performed by veterinary assistants, and covers everything you need to know to pass the Approved Veterinary Assistant (AVA) exam and succeed in clinical practice.
- Step-by-step instructions and hundreds of full-color photographs show veterinary assisting tasks and clarify key concepts.
- Information on office procedures and client relations prepares you to be involved in many of the business aspects of veterinary practice and to work closely with management staff.
- Coverage of the workflow in a veterinary practice helps you understand your role as well as the roles of all the other members of the veterinary health care team.
- Critical Concept boxes highlight important points and provide useful tips to improve your knowledge and skills.
- A student workbook provides activities to help you apply concepts to veterinary practice, including definitions of key terms, review questions, crossword puzzles, illustration labeling, sample cases, and clinical applications. Available separately.