The Dissection of Vertebrates 2nd Edition
By Gerardo De Iuliis and Dino Pulerà
The Dissection of Vertebrates, Second Edition provides students with a manual that combines pedalogical effective text with high-quality, accurate, and attractive visual references. Using a systemic approach within a systematic framework for each vertebrate, this book covers several animals commonly used in providing an anatomical transition sequence. Seven animals are covered: lamprey, shark, perch, mudpuppy, frog, pigeon, and cat.
This updated version include a revised systemic section of the introductory chapter; corrections to several parts of the existing text and images; new comparative skull sections included as part of the existing vertebrates; and a companion site with image bank.
- Winner of the NYSM Jury award for the Rock Dove Air Sacs, Lateral and Ventral Views illustration
- Expertly rendered award-winning illustrations accompany the detailed, clear dissection direction
- Organized by individual organism to facilitate classroom presentation
- Offers coverage of a wide range of vertebrates
- Full-color, strong pedagogical aids in a convenient lay-flat presentation
- Expanded and updated features on phylogenic coverage, mudpuppy musculature and comparative mammalian skulls