Equine Reproduction 2nd Edition
By Angus O. McKinnon, Edward L. Squires, Wendy E. Vaala and Dickson D. Varner
Equine Reproduction PDF 2nd Edition. Now in a much-anticipated two-volume new edition, this gold-standard reference stands as the most comprehensive and authoritative text on equine reproduction. Serving theriogenologists, practitioners and breeders worldwide as a one-stop resource for the reproductive assessment and management of equine patients, Equine Reproduction, Second Edition provides detailed information on examination techniques, breeding procedures, pregnancy diagnosis and management, reproductive tract diseases and surgery, and foaling. A companion CD offers hundreds of images from the book in color.
For the Second Edition, the stallion, mare and foal sections have been thoroughly updated and revised to include the latest information on every subject. New topics include discussion of nutritional and behavioral factors in the broodmare and stallion, parentage testing, fetal sexing and the health and management of older foals, weanlings and yearlings. Additionally, this outstanding Second Edition features a new section on assisted reproductive techniques, including detailed information on artificial insemination, in-vitro fertilization, embryo transfer and technology.
- New edition of the classic text in equine reproduction
- Written and edited by acknowledged experts from around the world
- Comprehensive updates throughout and new section on assisted reproductive techniques
- New discussion on nutrition and behavior of mares and stallions
- Expanded foal section now covers not only neonates but also common health issues of older foals, weanlings and yearlings
- Includes a companion CD with color images from the book