Management of Pregnant and Neonatal Dogs, Cats, and Exotic Pets
By Cheryl Lopate
Management of Pregnant and Neonatal Dogs, Cats, and Exotic Pets PDF is a comprehensive yet practical reference on small animal neonatology. Covering reproductive physiology of pregnancy and parturition, normal neonatology, and neonatal disorders in dogs, cats, and small exotic mammals, the book gives special emphasis to fetal well-being, parturition, normal physical parameters, behavior, common disorders and defects, emergency care, and orphan management. Information on nutritional and environmental considerations for both the dam and offspring is included, as well as guidance on offering advice to breeders providing neonatal care at home.Well illustrated throughout, Management of Pregnant and Neonatal Dogs, Cats, and Exotic Pets is a complete resource for the successful management of pregnant and newborn pets. Veterinary practitioners, students, technicians, and professional breeders all will find the book’s how-to, clinically relevant approach to small animal neonatology invaluable.
- Covers kennel management and nutrition
- Includes information on the physiology of pregnancy and parturition, dystocia management and periparturient disorders
- Presents clinically relevant information on caring for both healthy and ill neonatal dogs, cats, and exotics during the first eight weeks of life
- Focuses on neonatal disorders, congenital defects, emergencies, behavior, and socialization
- Includes nearly 200 clinical photographs and illustrations to demonstrate the concepts discussed