Immunomodulators in Aquaculture and Fish Health
By Preetham Elumalai, Mehdi Soltani and Sreeja Lakshmi
Immunomodulators in Aquaculture and Fish Health PDF provides updated information about different immunomodulators for managing fish health and sustainable aquaculture. Immunomodulators are dietary additives that enhance innate defense mechanisms and increase resistance against specific pathogens and diseases. The book covers the different types of immunostimulants, their modes of action, and their efficacies. It also reviews safety concerns, ethical regulations, limitations, and outreach to farmers. It discusses the application of herbal immunomodulators, antioxidants, pre- and pro-biotics, in disease management.
- Reviews the pressing topic of reduction of antibiotic use in aquaculture
- Discusses herbal immunomodulators, nutrients, antioxidants and pre- and pro-biotics
- Covers the topic of progressive immunomodulation using nanotechnology
- Discusses fish health management in the ever-growing aquaculture industry
- Includes natural and synthetic immunomodulators
The book is meant for researchers and industry experts in aquaculture, fisheries science, and veterinary medicine.