This book provides a practical, clinical approach to diagnosing, treating, and managing endocrine diseases in the horse. Each chapter uses the same structure to form a user-friendly tool of information and advice on aetiology, pathophysiology, clinical presentation, diagnosis and treatment for each endocrine disorder.
This book covers:
- approaches to endocrine disorders;
- diseases of the hypothalamo-pituitary-thyroid axis;
- disorders in calcium regulation and diseases of the parathyroid gland;
- diseases of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenocortical axes;
- diseases of the endocrine pancreas and Equine Metabolic Syndrome;
- hyperlipaemia and lipid metabolism disorders; and
- endocrine disorders associated with the female and male reproductive systems.
This book also includes material on additional endocrinopathies, such as diabetes insipidus and pheochromocytoma, and is dedicated to the fast-moving field of equine endocrinology. Written by world-leading international experts, it collates their insights and experience into approaches that prove invaluable for general equine practitioners.