Ultrastructural Pathology the Comparative Cellular Basis of Disease, 2nd Edition
Ultrastructural Pathology, Second Edition is a comprehensive reference on electron microscopy of pathologic tissue in animals and humans. Now presented in an atlas format for easier identification of organelles, the text is designed to bridge the gap between what is seen in the electron microscope at the cellular level and what the pathologist encounters in the postmortem room. New to this edition are sections on diagnostic electron microscopy, providing information on specialized technologies for electron microscopy, and invertebrate pathology. Emphasizing comparative pathology, the book explains and integrates all aspects of cellular changes in lesions occurring from natural or experimental disease.
- Comprehensive reference on electron microscopy of pathologic tissue
- Emphasizes comparative pathology
- Now presented in an atlas format for easier identification of organelles
- New sections cover diagnostic electron microscopy and invertebrate pathology
- Includes basic elements of description, including size, structure, and location within the cell, throughout
- Illustrated with excellent electron micrographs