Saunders Equine Formulary 2nd Edition
By Derek C. Knottenbelt and Fernando Malalana
Saunders’ Equine Formulary 2nd Edition PDF makes it quick and easy to look up drug information when you need it most — while you’re in the field. And it’s more than a simple formulary: this book also provides benchmark values on vital signs and normal values so that you can correctly interpret diagnostic tests. This new edition is the only equine formulary available both in print and as an app for mobile use. Written by a world-renowned expert on equine medicine, Derek Knottenbelt, this book is an indispensable reference for equine veterinary practitioners, veterinary students, and others involved in breeding and keeping horses.
- A listing of haematological, biochemical, physiological, and therapeutic data is contained in just one volume, designed with the final-year vet student and recent graduate in mind.
- Information on drug dosages and adverse reactions reflects manufacturers’ recommendations in data sheets and literature inserts.
- Clinical Aids section provides highly practical advice and quick synopses for the most common scenarios likely to occur on a field visit, such as bandaging techniques, humane destruction, and restraint techniques.
- Practical, universal relevance is created by the use of SI units and generic drug names — making this reference useful to everyone working in the equine field all over the world, whether vet student or equine specialist.
- Practical, step-by-step instructions summarize principal diagnostic tests.