Greene’s Infectious Diseases of the Dog and Cat 5th Edition
By Jane Sykes
Greene’s Infectious Diseases of the Dog and Cat, 5th Edition PDF provides a comprehensive, clinically useful reference on the management of infectious diseases caused by viruses, bacteria (including rickettsiae, chlamydiae, mycoplasmas, and spirochetes), fungi, algae, protozoa, parasites, and other atypical agents. Each section guides the reader through diagnostic testing for specific infectious diseases, from specimen collection to laboratory submission to interpretation of results to appropriate treatment measures. Full-color illustrations and hundreds of tables provide convenient access to diagnostic and therapeutic recommendations, along with the appropriate drug dosages for effective treatment and prevention. A fully searchable enhanced eBook version is included with print purchase, allowing access to all of the text and figures on a variety of digital devices.
- More than 150 internationally recognized experts contribute chapters on topics in their field of specialty.
- Clear and logical organization of chapters provides a solid basis for an approach to diseases caused by specific pathogens, with the first part of the book including sections on diagnostic approaches, treatments (including recommended antimicrobial drug doses), and prevention.
- Specific pathogens are addressed in the second part of the book, using a structured approach that includes etiology/epidemiology (relevance to wildlife animal hosts, role of the environment), clinical and laboratory findings, treatment, prevention, and public health implications.
- Case examples illustrate principles and highlight how the material can be applied.
- More than 800 clinical images, maps, life cycles, and photomicrographs assist with accurate understanding of epidemiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis of disease, and disease prevention.
- Visually appealing maps and life-cycle drawings enhance your comprehension and retention of the material.
- Convenient drug dosage tables in each chapter provide complete prescribing information; chapters on antimicrobial drugs in the first part of the book summarize pharmacokinetics, indications, contraindications, handling and administration guidelines; and dosage recommendations are made for antivirals, antibacterials, antifungals, antiprotozoals, and antiparasitic drugs. The book emphasizes approaches to optimize antimicrobial stewardship.
- Clinical Problems section helps you understand what infectious diseases should be considered in animals seen with clinical signs relating to different organ systems.
- Suggested readings and references are listed in each chapter, facilitating further research and study.
- Fully searchable enhanced eBook version is included with print purchase, allowing access to all of the text and figures on a variety of digital devices.