Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging: The Dog and Cat PDF Download.
Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging: The Dog and Cat
By Charles S. Farrow
Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging: The Dog and Cat PDF is the first of three volumes in the Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging series, focusing on veterinary diagnostic imaging and the new technologies available to help diagnose and pinpoint disease in dogs and cats. More than a textbook, this resource is designed to be a valuable tool for self-directed learning. Its consistent organization and well-referenced, extremely thorough text takes the reader through normal anatomy and positioning, followed by imaging for specific structures. General observations and specific problems are discussed including trauma/fracture, infection, and neoplasm. In addition to its focus on radiology, discussions of supplementary imaging are presented where appropriate. Additional imaging includes ultrasound, CT, and MRI.
- Radiographic Diagnostic Indicators (RDIs) – a set of small, versatile radiographic observations – combine with one another, often leading to a radiographic diagnosis.
- Just-in-time normals” present normal radiographs alongside abnormal images rather than in separate chapters, for the greatest convenience and effective comparison.
- References citing the names of the principal source authors are integrated into the text to present a clear picture of the origins of knowledge and facilitate reading without a break in concentration.
- “Telescopic” illustrations show images in both orientation and close-up views in cases where full visualization is important, as well as ultra-close views when fine detail is essential.
- At-a-glance diagnoses present a detailed description of each image as well as a concise, one- or two-word diagnosis in bold type.
- Emphasis zones – regions of interest that have been electronically enhanced – highlight some of the more complex lesions and assist the reader with identifying and studying them.