Saunders Handbook of Veterinary Drugs 4th Edition
By Mark G. Papich
Saunders Handbook of Veterinary Drugs PDF includes entries for 550 drugs, with convenient appendices summarizing clinically relevant information at a glance. New to this edition are 25 new drug monographs and easy access to drug content on any mobile device. Written by clinical pharmacology expert Mark Papich, this handy reference includes a companion website containing more than 150 customizable handouts with special instructions for your clients. It helps you find the specific drug facts and dosage recommendations you need to treat small and large animals, right when you need them!
- Concise drug monographs are organized alphabetically and cross-referenced by classification, trade, and generic name, providing quick and easy access to key information for each drug including:
- Generic and trade names, pronunciation, and functional classification
- Pharmacology and mechanism of action
- Indications and clinical uses
- Precautionary information — adverse reactions and side effects, contraindications and precautions, and drug interactions — all featured in colored boxes for at-a-glance retrieval
- Instructions for use
- Patient monitoring and laboratory tests
- Formulations available
- Stability and storage
- Dosage information for both small and large animals
- Regulatory information
- Clinically relevant appendices help you determine appropriate therapeutic regimens and look up safety and legal considerations.
- PapichDrugFormulary.com companion website includes more than 150 customizable client information handouts for commonly prescribed drugs, including information on the prescribed drug and dosage, do’s and don’ts, and possible side effects.
- 15 NEW drug monographs familiarize you with the latest drugs available for veterinary practice.
- NEW! Access to drug content is available on any mobile device.
- UPDATED drug monographs include information such as new doses, interactions, indications, adverse reactions, and contraindications.
- NEW! Discontinued Drugs appendix makes it easy to reference drugs that are no longer in use, and provides suggested substitutions or alternative drugs.