Veterinary Ophthalmic Surgery, 2nd Edition
By Kirk Gelatt, Janice Gelatt and Caryn Plummer
Veterinary Ophthalmic Surgery, 2nd Edition PDF. Master animal eye surgery techniques with this comprehensive, step-by-step guide! This Book is the resource of choice for all types of ophthalmic surgical procedures across all animal species. Not only does this book include illustrated guidelines and step-by-step procedures, but it also covers surgical instrumentation, the operating room, and the use of anesthesia. Each aspect of ophthalmic surgery is described, including pre-, intra- and post-operative details. Internationally recognized editors Galatt and Plumber are joined by a team of expert contributors in providing authoritative solutions to key issues in animal ophthalmic surgery. Whatever your specialty, this is the only eye surgery book you will ever need!
- Comprehensive coverage of extraocular and intraocular surgical procedures includes all of the different types of procedures performed by veterinarians and veterinary ophthalmologists.
- More than 1,050 high-quality color photographs and illustrations allow the practitioner to follow techniques step by step.
- Pictorial reference includes multiple presentations of many ophthalmic diseases to show the various ways the condition may appear.
- Comprehensive guidelines in each surgery chapter include anatomy, indications for surgery or other medical therapies, the available surgical procedures, postoperative management, success rates, and postoperative complications, followed by any modifications for large animals and special species.
- Enhanced eBook included with every new print purchase provides users with the complete, fully searchable text plus a superb collection of online videos demonstrating actual ophthalmic surgical procedures.
- NEW! Chapters on microsurgery, equine, ruminants, and pet and zoo animals
- NEW! Approximately 50 additional medical illustrations
- NEW! Surgical techniques and procedures
- NEW! Updated instrumentation