Focused Ultrasound Techniques for the Small Animal Practitioner
By Gregory R. Lisciandro
Focused Ultrasound Techniques for the Small Animal Practitioner PDF offers a highly practical guide to incorporating abbreviated ultrasound exams into the veterinary practice. Focused point-of-care exams are an effective way to quickly detect conditions and complications not readily apparent through the physical exam, laboratory diagnostics, or radiographic findings. Encompassing all the information needed to begin performing these techniques, Focused Ultrasound Techniques for the Small Animal Practitioner is a useful tool for improving patient outcomes in clinical practice.Covering focused exams in all body systems, the book also outlines the principles of interventional radiology, medical documentation, and the basic fundamentals of using an ultrasound machine. A companion website offers 87 video clips of AFAST, TFAST, and Vet Blue examinations with normal, abnormal, and incidental findings. Focused Ultrasound Techniques for the Small Animal Practitioner is an essential purchase for veterinary practitioners and specialists wanting to implement these techniques in their veterinary practice.
- Provides all the information needed to begin using focused point-of-care exams as a patient diagnostic screening and monitoring tool for trauma, triage, and tracking
- Describes the essentials of performing and incorporating the abdominal FAST (AFAST), thoracic FAST (TFAST), and Vet Blue lung ultrasound exams into your practice
- Emphasizes how FAST exams serve as a platform for developing necessary ultrasound skills for the additional focused exams in other organs covered in the book
- Improves patient outcomes by aiding in the detection of conditions and complications not apparent through the physical exam, laboratory diagnostics, or radiographic findings
- Written by the foremost experts in the use of focused exams in veterinary patients