Environmental Best Management Practices for Aquaculture PDF
Environmental Best Management Practices for Aquaculture
By Craig S. Tucker and John A. Hargreaves
Environmental Best Management Practices for Aquaculture PDF. The rapid growth of aquaculture worldwide and domestically has caused concerns over social and environmental impacts. Environmental advocacy groups and government regulatory agencies have called for better management to address potentially negative impacts and assure sustainable aquaculture development. Best Management Practices (BMPs) combine sound science, common sense, economics, and site-specific management to mitigate or prevent adverse environmental impacts.
Environmental Best Management Practices for Aquaculture will provide technical guidance to improve the environmental performance of aquaculture. This book will be the only comprehensive guide to BMPs for mitigation of environmental impacts of aquaculture in the United States. The book addresses development and implementation of BMPs, BMPs for specific aquaculture production systems, and the economics of implementing best management practices. Written by internationally recognized experts in environmental management and aquaculture from academia, government, and non-governmental organizations, this book will be a valuable reference for innovative producers, policy makers, regulators, research scientists, and students.
- Valuable source of information for developing sustainable aquaculture
- Technical guidance on practical approaches to developing and implementing best management practices in aquaculture
- Provides information on best management practices for specific aquaculture production systems
- Covers the economics of implementing best management practices
- Written by internationally recognized experts in environmental management and aquaculture