Withrow and MacEwen’s Small Animal Clinical Oncology, 6th Edition
By David M. Vail, Douglas H. Thamm and Julias Liptak
Withrow and MacEwen’s Small Animal Clinical Oncology 6th Edition PDF focuses on the most effective, cutting-edge techniques. This comprehensive textbook gives you a complete understanding of cancer in dogs and cats — what it is, how to diagnose it, and how to treat many of the most common cancers encountered in clinical practice today. The thoroughly updated sixth edition includes information on the complications of cancer, pain management, and the latest treatment modalities — preparing general practitioners to diagnose and treat pets rather than referring them to a specialist. With important updates on recently approved and in-development drugs, and new co-authors adding their own unique perspectives, this user-friendly text is a must-have resource for current, evidence-based therapeutic strategies on canine and feline oncology.
- Cutting-edge information on the complications of cancer, pain management, and the latest treatment modalities prepares you to diagnose and treat pets with cancer rather than refer cases to a specialist.
- Each contributor is a recognized expert in his or her specialty, reflecting the most current information by highly respected experts in the field of veterinary oncology.
- Full-color format provides you with accurate visual depictions of specific diseases and procedures, enhances visual appeal, and is used functionally in tables and boxes to highlight key information.
- A systems approach to the diagnosis and management of cancer facilitates access to information about the many malignancies affecting small animal patients.
- Discussion of compassion and supportive care for the management of pain, nutritional needs, and grief includes methods for handling the pet’s pain and nutritional complications as well as the pet owner’s grief when treatment is not successful.
- Comprehensive references at the end of each chapter and topic ensures you can be confident the information provided is accurate and up to date.
- Helpful drug formularies provide quick access to information on indications, toxicities, and recommended dosages for chemotherapeutic and analgesic drugs used in cancer treatment.
- Chemotherapy protocols are included when case studies prove clinical efficacy.
- Information on the best interventional techniques is quickly accessible all in one chapter.
- Nearly 400 color images provide accurate depictions of specific diseases and procedures.
- Focus on the most effective treatment options saves time by emphasizing proven treatment options that have been vetted by experts in the field.
- NEW! Expert co-authors and contributors bring a valuable perspective with research experience.
- NEW! Thoroughly UPDATED content includes important updates on recently approved and in-development veterinary cancer drugs, and critical advances in radiation delivery.