Veterinary Clinical Parasitology, 9th Edition
By Anne M. Zajac, Gary A. Conboy, Susan E. Little, Mason V. Reichard
Veterinary Clinical Parasitology, 9th Edition PDF allows for a quick and accurate reference to internal and external parasites found in a wide variety of domestic animals and laboratory animal host species. Focusing on the tests and information most relevant to daily veterinary practice, this classic benchtop manual contains a wealth of high-quality images to assist readers in diagnosing parasitic disease and identifying and treating relevant parasites. Contributions by leading experts in veterinary pathobiology and parasitology cover fecal examination for the diagnosis of parasitism, detection of parasites in the blood, diagnosis of arthropod parasites, and more.
The latest edition contains fully revised material throughout, including new and expanded information on immunodiagnostic and molecular diagnostic tests, additional parasite-specific material on the benefits and limitations of different test modalities, and increased coverage of reptiles, birds, and other exotic and laboratory animals. New sections include up-to-date information on anthelmintics, antiprotozoals, and other antiparasitic drugs, and challenging case studies that provide insights on situations where identification of parasites is especially difficult. Published under the auspices of the American Association of Veterinary Parasitologists (AAVP), this indispensable clinical manual:
- Presents clear and concise information on the distribution, life cycle, and significance of each parasite covered
- Contains hundreds of color clinical images to enable rapid picture-matching and aid in diagnosis
- Offers a spiral-bound format that allows the book to lie flat on the benchtop, ideal for regular use in daily practice
- Features revised content throughout, including new chapters and images, an improved format, an enhanced color scheme, and an updated companion website
- Describes accurate and cost-effective techniques for diagnosiing parasitic infections in animals
Veterinary Clinical Parasitology, 9th Edition is an essential resource for practicing veterinarians, veterinary technicians, diagnosticians, researchers, and students in need of a timely and efficient reference on morphologic identification of parasites in different animal species.