Small Animal Ear Diseases, An Illustrated Guide, 2nd Edition
The second edition of this reference features more than 300 high-quality color illustrations to assist practicing veterinarians and veterinary students in identifying small animal ear diseases. It begins with a review of the science involved in diagnosing and treating ear disease, including the anatomy of the ear, examination techniques, and pathophysiology. Coverage also includes discussions of specific ear disease conditions, based on the standard ear disease classification scheme of predisposing factors, primary causes, and perpetuating factors. The consistent presentation of each disorder includes an introduction, color illustrations of the condition, description of diagnostic techniques, treatment options, suggested readings, and updated references.
- More than 300 high-quality images illustrate a variety of ear conditions to assist practitioners in practical diagnosis.
- A comprehensive chapter on marketing ear care and otitis therapy includes strategies for successfully integrating these services into practice to offer expanded patient services and increase profits.
- A chapter on diagnostic imaging provides the latest information on using imaging to diagnose small animal ear disease.
- An Ear Product Formulary in the appendix serves as a complete guide to products available for treating small animal ear diseases.
- 6 new chapters covering:
- The microbiology of the ear of the dog and cat Laser ear surgery Cytology of the ear in health and disease Adverse food reactions
- Diseases that affect the pinna Otitis interna and vestibular disease
- Expanded coverage of otic cytology and a photographic manual of ear cytology
- In-depth discussions of video otoscopic diagnostics
- New photos of interesting cases contributed by practitioners