Handbook of Avian Medicine 2nd Edition
By Thomas Tully, Gerry Dorrestein and Alan Jones
Handbook of Avian Medicine PDF gives the small animal practitioner a complete information source for the basics of avian medicine and surgery. It pulls together the international expertise of the avian veterinary community by incorporating the knowledge of authors world-wide. The first six chapters cover the basic medical information needed to run a primary care avian practice. The focus here is on introductory level material and the average companion animal practice. If you see between one and five birds a week, this text is for you. The later chapters are species-specific and help the veterinarian in evaluating, treating, and/or referring various bird species. The new edition builds on the success of the first edition and includes full colour illustrations throughout.
- First 6 chapters: cover basic information needed to run a primary care avian practice
- Later chapters: species-specific helping veterinarians to build up their knowledge in order to evaluate, treat and/or refer
- Multi-author text combining best practice tips and different techniques from avian experts worldwide: the editors are from 3 different countries and the chapter authors from many more
- Provides quick access to crucial information for the non-specialist
- Offers the basics of avian medicine and surgery