Calf Rearing, A Practical Guide, 2nd Edition
Calf Rearing is recognised as one of the most informative and accessible guides on the subject, covering growth, nutrition, health and behaviour, with descriptions of various calf raising systems and facilities.
John Moran, an expert in the field, also gives considerable coverage to calf welfare, post weaning management and calf communication. Practical economic information on feedstuffs, labour requirements and losses is provided to assist producers in selecting the most appropriate calf rearing system for their farms.
- Improvements to existing calf rearing systems
- Important changes in recommendations for colostrum feeding
- Disease prevention
- What to do with sick calves
- Dairy beef production
- Economics of calf rearing
- Best management practice for raising dairy replacement heifers