Applied Pharmacology for Veterinary Technicians
Now in full color, Applied Pharmacology for Veterinary Technicians, 5th Edition shows you how to administer prescribed drugs to animals, calculate drug dosages accurately, and instruct clients about side effects and precautions. Coverage of drug information includes pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, clinical uses, dosage forms, and adverse effects. An Evolve companion website enhances the book with narrated videos demonstrating drug administration techniques, animations of pharmacologic processes, dosage calculation exercises, and much more. Written by veterinary technology experts Boyce Wanamaker and Kathy Lockett Massey, this resource provides the pharmacology knowledge you need to succeed as a vet tech!
- Illustrated, step-by-step procedures demonstrate proper administration techniques for common drug forms.
- Body systems organization provides a logical sequence of study, followed by anti-infectives, antiparasitics, anti-inflammatory agents, and others.
- Dosage calculation exercises provide practice immediately after new information is presented.
- Proprietary drug names are listed with generic drug names, highlighting drugs with generic options.
- Review questions reinforce understanding of key concepts, with answers located in the back of the book.
- An Evolve companion website provides drug administration videos, drug calculators with accompanying word problems, photos of drug labels, animations of pharmacologic processes, and dosage calculation exercises.
- Key terms, chapter outlines, and learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter make studying easier.
- Technician Notes provide useful hints and important reminders to help you avoid common errors and increase your efficiency.
- UNIQUE Pharmacy Management and Inventory Control chapter offers practical tips relating to vendor types, communicating with sales representatives, and using veterinary practice management software.