Applied Pharmacology for Veterinary Technicians, 6th Edition
Learn to calculate dosages accurately and administer drugs safely! Applied Pharmacology for Veterinary Technicians, 6th Edition shows you how to determine drug dosages, administer prescribed drugs to animals, and instruct clients about side effects and precautions. Coverage of drugs includes pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, clinical uses, dosage forms, and adverse effects. An Evolve companion website offers animations of pharmacologic processes, practice with dosage calculations, narrated videos demonstrating drug administration techniques, and more. Written by veterinary technology educator Lisa Martini-Johnson, this resource provides the pharmacology knowledge you need to succeed as a vet tech!
- Quick-access format makes it easy to find important drug information, including clinical uses, dosage forms, and adverse side effects.
- Body systems organization follows a logical sequence of study.
- Illustrated, step-by-step procedures demonstrate proper administration techniques for common drug forms.
- Key terms, chapter outlines, Notes boxes, and learning objectives focus your learning and make studying easier.
- Proprietary drug names are listed with the generic drug names, highlighting drugs that have generic options.
- Companion Evolve website includes drug administration videos, drug calculators with accompanying word problems, animations of pharmacologic processes, and dosage calculation exercises.
- Dosage calculation exercises provide practice immediately after new information is presented.
- Review questions reinforce your understanding of key concepts, with answers located in the back of the book.
- Technician Notes provide useful hints and important reminders to help you avoid common errors and increase your efficiency on the job.
- NEW! Emergency Drugs chapter is added.
- UPDATED drug information keeps veterinary students current with the newest pharmacologic agents and their uses, adverse side effects, and dosage forms.
- NEW! Case studies at the end of every chapter provide students with real-world scenarios.