Anesthesia of Exotic Pets
By Lesa Longley
Anaesthesia of Exotic Pets PDF provides a unique and quick reference guide for all those working in veterinary practice. The book covers the common species seen and includes: the basic approach to the case, equipment required, drug doses, and anaesthetic induction and maintenance as well as anaesthetic monitoring techniques. Peri-anaesthetic nursing care, such as husbandry, fluid and nutritional support, is discussed for each species. Written by experienced practitioners, the book provides a common sense and practical approach to anaesthesia to enable a variety of techniques to be performed confidently.
- Covers practical information on anaesthesia for a successful outcome: how to assess and prepare the patient, lists of equipment required, how to perform the anaesthetic, husbandry, fluids and nutritional support
- Discusses commonly seen pathological conditions and their effect on the choice of anaesthetic and patient prognosis
- Provides an overview of the relevant anatomy and physiology in each species as this improves understanding of effects of anaesthesia and techniques used
- Describes both basic nursing and more advanced anaesthesia techniques, catering for all abilities and knowledge
- Contains tables of drug doses by species giving a quick reference for the busy practitioner