Veterinary Anaesthesia 11th Edition
An acknowledged classic in its field, Veterinary Anaesthesia 11th edition has undergone a thorough revision to bring you the latest information in a more accessible format than ever before. The book meets the needs of several groups. For students, it provides basic concepts and ‘how to’ advice on anaesthetizing animals. For veterinarians in practice or those working with laboratory animals it’s an excellent reference that draws on both the considerable experience of the authors and on published scientific data. Those wishing to specialize in veterinary anaesthesia will find it a stimulating introduction to the subject. This revision has been expanded to incorporate evidence-based information, additional chapters on advances in analgesia, anaesthesia of small mammals, fish and wildlife, and updated information on cardiopulmonary cerebral resuscitation (CPCR).
The wide range of species covered and the clear descriptions of basic principles, techniques and equipment, coupled with an extensive literature review, make Veterinary Anaesthesia 11th edition your essential companion whether in classroom or in clinic..
- all large and small animal species covered in one book: includes new advances in anaesthesia in horses, birds, lab animals and wild animals
- glossary of USA and UK drug names: up-dated coverage of all new anaesthetic agents in Europe and the USA
- the only book to discuss anaesthesia of individual species in detail: lot of info on anaesthesia of goats, sheep and other herbivores such as camels and llamas
- first section covers principles of drug action, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics
- chapter on special cases such as anaesthesia in obstetrics
- chapter on anaesthetic accidents and crises !