Behavior of Exotic Pets
By Valarie V. Tynes
Behavior of Exotic Pets PDF is the first book on the subject to be written by behavioral experts, all with a wealth of practical experience. Divided into species-specific chapters, the book explains the normal behavior for each group of animals, including reproduction, parenting, communication and social behavior. The book also addresses animals’ environmental needs based on their behavior to enable owners to provide better husbandry and avoid potential problems. Descriptions of common behavioral problems are included, with practical recommendations for their treatment or management.
This text is essential for any veterinary professional who would like to improve their knowledge of exotic animal behavior. It also serves as a valuable reference for animal behaviorists, exotic animal veterinarians, veterinary students, and anyone caring for these animals in captivity.
- The first and only book on exotic pet behavior written by behaviorists
- Covers a wide range of exotic pet species
- Discusses methods for treating and managing common behavioral problems
- Offers practical advice on topics such as housing and handling of animals
- Includes separate chapters on learning, welfare, and behavioral pharmacology