Slatter’s Fundamentals of Veterinary Ophthalmology, 6th Edition
Learn to recognize, diagnose, and manage a wide range of common ocular conditions with Slatter’s Fundamentals of Veterinary Ophthalmology, 6th Edition. This thoroughly updated text provides the latest, most practical information on structure and function of the eye, the ophthalmic examination and diagnostic techniques, medical and surgical management of ocular disease, and management of ocular emergencies. Enhanced and logically organized coverage includes dogs, cats, horses, livestock, birds, and exotic pets. In addition, over 1,000 color photos and illustrations accurately depict ocular conditions encountered in practice and demonstrate diagnostic and surgical techniques. Edited by three of the most revered authorities in the field of veterinary ophthalmology, this reference is an essential aid to successful veterinary practice and education.
- Clinical Tips boxes such as “The Controversy Remains”, “Did You Know?”, “Look Again”, and “Note” offer helpful practice advice and facts.
- UPDATED Additional species added to the exotics chapter include birds, small mammals, and others.
- A team of internationally respected veterinary ophthalmologists provide comprehensive, clinical expertise in all areas needed to evaluate, diagnose, manage, and monitor a patient with ophthalmic disease.
- Practical, clinically focused coverage provides a one-stop diagnostic guide to ophthalmic disease in small and large animals including dogs, cats, horses, livestock (cows, sheep, goats), birds, and exotic pets.
- Chapters on equine, livestock, and exotic pet ophthalmology written by specialists in these fields for the most clinically relevant coverage.