Veterinary Clinical Trials from Concept to Completion
By Nigel Dent, Ramzan Visanji
Veterinary Clinical Trials from Concept to Completion PDF is Conceived and edited by Nigel Dent and Ramzan Visanji, Veterinary Clinical Trials form Concept to Completion is designed for both established practitioners and novices, offering alternative ways of conducting studies and ensuring that the studies are guided by Good Clinical Practices and are in compliance with regulations. Comprehensive in scope, it provides the scientific, biological, and regulatory background invaluable to teachers, researchers, and regulatory affairs staff, as well as those directly involved in clinical trials.
The book covers:
- Objectives of the clinical study
- Control of the study
- Conduct of the study
- Regulation versus compliance
- Factors for success
- International harmonization activities
- Roles of the investigator, the monitor, and the practicing veterinarian
- Setting up GCP trials with particular animal species
- SOPs, the generic protocol, and the study report
- Contract research farms and multi-site studies
With contributions from experts in every area of veterinary trials, the text has been organized with everyday use in mind. The chapters can be read sequentially for a comprehensive view or individually for coverage of particular topics and issues as needed. Drawing directly from the in-the-trenches experience of the editors and chapter authors, the book is a guide to methods that ensure studies meet regulatory compliance and strategies that ensure avoidance of common pitfalls.