Small Animal Anesthesia and Pain Management A Color Handbook 2nd Edition
By Jeff Ko
Small Animal Anesthesia and Pain Management A Color Handbook 2nd Edition PDF.
It remains clinically focused, based on experience underpinned by published research data.
- 18 brand new chapters on topics ranging from perioperative blood works and urine analysis to light therapy in pain management and rehabilitation
- Includes 9 new chapters on anaesthetic considerations for different surgeries
- Contains over 300 color illustrations
- Clinically oriented, based on experience underpinned by published research data
The book covers anesthetic equipment, monitoring, premedication, intravenous induction agents, injectable anesthetic combinations, inhalant anesthesia, anesthesia for specific diseases, fluid therapy, anesthetic emergencies and complications, acute and chronic pain management. Drug dosages and anesthetic protocols are provided in tabular form. New to this edition are 18 new chapters covering anesthesia considerations for specific conditions and diseases, including
- perioperative blood works and urine analysis
- blood transfusion medicine
- anesthetic considerations and interpretations
- rehabilitation and pain management for chronic pain patients
- pain management of oncologic pain and radiation therapy
- acupuncture and herbal medication for acute and chronic pain and
- low level light therapy in pain management.
Containing over 300 color illustrations, Small Animal Anesthesia and Pain Management is ideal for all those who need practical information easily to hand: small animal practitioners, veterinary technicians/nurses, and veterinary students.